The team comprising of the following nine 4th year undergraduate students from the Department of Biotechnology participated in the prestigious synthetic biology competition iGEM and won a Gold Medal at the Regional Jamboree (Hong Kong) and were also awarded a Special Prize for the ‘Best Human Practices Advance’:
- Aman Kumar (BT10B003)
- Kanishka Waghmare Purushottam (BT10B047)
- Mayank NK Choudhary (BT10B025)
- Mitan Sutradhar (BT10B026)
- Namit Sunil Holay (BT10B029)
- Nandita Damaraju (BT10B030)
- Nishita Mohan PV (BT10B061)
- Rohan Pradeep Bendre (BT10B036)
- Tolkappiyan Premkumar (BT10B045)
We congratulate the team for this achievement and Dr.Dhinakar Kompala, alumnus and Dr. Shrikumar Suryanarayan, Adjunct Faculty for the support provided by them to the team.
Prof. Sathyanarayana N. Gummadi has been chosen for the Talented Industrial Biotechnologist Award for the year 2013 by the Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy (ABAP). He will receive a Gold Medal, Memento and Certificate during the 7th annual Convention of ABAP and International Conference on Plant Biotechnology, Molecular Medicine and Human Health being organized at University of Delhi during 18-20 October 2013.