The following research scholars from our department have received ‘Best Poster Awards’ under various categories for their posters (from among 203 posters presented) at the 2nd Asian Congress on Biotechnology during 15-19 December 2013 at New Delhi :
- Rothangmawi Victoria Hmar (BT09D018) for her poster entitled “Metabolic Engineering of Lactococcus Lactis by Chromosomal Integra-tion for Hyaluronan Production”, co-authored with Prof. Guhan Jayaraman and Prof. K B Ramachandran under category Bioprocess Engineering
- Jyotsna Jolly (BT08D015) for his poster entitled “Production of 1, 3-Propanediol from Glycerol with Lactobacillus reuteri“, co-authored with Dr. Bernd Hitzmann, University of Hohenheim, Germany; Dr. S Ramalingam, Anna University; and Prof. K.B. Ramachandran under the category Bioprocess Engineering
- Veerabhadra M V (BT12S004) for his poster entitled “Identification of Potential Metabolic Markers in the Transformation of Head and Neck Cancer” co-authored with Dr. Rayala SK, and Prof. Ramachandran KB under the category Biotechnology Tools
The details of the prizes won by the PhD Research Scholars of our department at the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences (IETC-2013) held at VIT University, Vellore during December 5-7, 2013 are given below :
- ‘First Prize’ for poster presentation was won by Shri S. Jayakumar (BT08D012) for his poster on ‘Highly Enantio and Diastereoselective Allylic Alkylation of 3-Hydroxy Oxindoles and their Application in Synthesizing Oxindole Spiroethers’. He is guided by Dr. V. Kesavan, Associate Professor.
- ‘Third Prize’ for poster presentation was won by Shri T. Saravanan (BT08D033) for his poster on ‘Synthesis of Both R&S Enantiomers of 1, 4-Diphenylbut-3-yn-2-ol using Whole Cells of Candida Parapsilosis ATCC 7330’. He is guided by Prof. Anju Chadha.