Dr. Raghu Prakash received his Master's and Ph.D. from
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
His research interests include machine design, fatigue of
materials, small specimen testing, environmental degradation of materials and
product design and development.
- Binani Gold Medal, Indian Institute of Metals (1997).
- NSC visiting Professor/Scientist, National Taiwan University, 2003-04.
- Erasmus-Mundus Heritage Fellowship, 2013, 2014.
- CSIR SRF 1989-1993.
- National Merit Scholarship, 1979-85.
- Raghu V. Prakash and Sampath Dhinakaran, "Understanding Fatigue Crack Growth Behavior at Low Frequencies for a Mn-Ni-Cr Steel in 3.5% NaCl Solution Under Controlled Cathodic Potential", Materials Performance and Characterization, Vol. 4, No. 2, ASTM, Pa, USA, 2015.
- Chandraprakash Chindam, C V Krishnamurthy, Krishnan Balasubramaniam and Raghu V Prakash, "Thermomechanical response of metals: Maxwell Vs. Kelvin-Voigt models", Materials Science Engineering A, 2013, Vol 560, pp 54-61.
- Hariharan, K and Raghu V Prakash, "Modification of fatigue strain-life equation for sheet metals considering anisotropy due to crystallographic texture", Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, Vol 35, No. 5, pp 458-465, 2012.
- Raghu V Prakash and Akash Bagla, "Fatigue Assessment of Bolts with and without Pretension Loading", Journal of ASTM International (JAI), Vol 5, No. 9, Oct 2008. Also, ASTM STP 1508, ISBN: 978-0-8031-3416-4, 2008.
- N. E. Ashbaugh, B. Dattaguru, M. Khobaib, T. Nicholas, Raghu V Prakash, T. S. Ramamurthy, B. R. Seshadri, R. Sunder, "Experimental and Analytical Estimates of Fatigue Crack Closure in an Aluminium-Copper Alloy- Part I: Laser interferometry and electron fractography", J. of Fatigue and Fracture of Engg. Materials and Structures, Vol 20, No: 7, 1997, pp 951-962, 1997.
- Raghu V Prakash, R. Sunder and E.I. Mitchenko, "A Study of Naturally Initiating Notch root Fatigue Cracks Under Spectrum Loading", Advances in Fatigue Lifetime Predictive Techniques: Third Volume, ASTM STP 1292, pp 248-264, ASTM, Pa, 1996. ISBN 080312029X.
- "Infrared Thermography", Edited by: Raghu V Prakash, InTech, Croatia, 2012 - ISBN: 978-953-51-0242-7.
- "ICoRD'13 - Global Product Development", Edited by: Amaresh Chakrabarti and Raghu V Prakash, Springer, 2013, ISBN: 978-81-322-1049-8.