- Post Doctoral Fellow (Kyungpook National University, South Korea.)
- Ph.D. (Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India.)
- M.E. (Univ. BDT College of Engineering Davangere, Karnataka, India.)
- B.E. (Govt. BDT College of Engineering, Davangere, Karnataka, India.)
- March 2018 - Till Date: Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, India.
- July 2012 - March 2018: Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, India.
- March 2005 - July 2012: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, India.
- March 2003 - February 2005: Post Doctoral Fellow, Particle and Grains Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, South Korea.
- October 2001 - March 2003: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- January 2001 - October 2001: Senior Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- January 1998 - December 2000: Research Scholar and Half Time Teaching Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai.
- August 1994 - December 1998 : Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- May 1994 - August 1998 : Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Karunya Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- January 1992 - October 1992 : Graduate Apprentice Trainee, Tungabhadra Steel Products Limited, Tungabhadra Dam, Hospet, Bellary- Dist., Karnataka, India.
Awards and Distinctions
- Institute research award for the PhD student Niketh S for excellence in research, 60th Institute day, 2019.
- Key Technology Partner Visiting Fellow Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 2018.
- Institute research award for the PhD student Jagadesh for excellence in research, 58th Institute day, 2017.
- Erasmus Mundas European HERITAGE Scholarship funded by the European Commission, 2013.
- Prof C S Krishnamoorthy Endowment Prize for Shrey Ginoria MTech student for the best project in the area of Genetic Algorithms and Evolutionary Computation, 2009.
- Post Doctoral Fellowship by Korean Science and Engineering Foundation (KOSEF), 2003.
- Brain Korea 21 scholarship, Republic of Korea (South Korea), 2004.
- Won the Best Research Paper award at the International conference on Intelligent Flexible Autonomous Manufacturing Systems – IFAMS 2000, Coimbatore, India.
- National Merit Scholarship Award, Government of India (1986).
- Second Rank in M.Tech, Kuvempu University (formerly under Mysore University), 1994.
- Won prize in Competition Success Review essay competition, India,1991.
- Won several prizes in elocution, essay writing and group discussion competitions.
- Advisor, PWD and Weaker Section, IIT Madras. (Present)
- Member, Board of Infrastructure, IIT Madras.(Present)
- Member, Board of Studies, IIT Madras.(Present)
- Member, Placement, IIT Madras.(Present)
- Head of the Laboratory, Manufacturing Engineering Section (2015-18)
- Life member, Indian Society for Technical Education (MISTE).
- Member, Institution of Engineers (MIE).
- Member, Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials.
- Executive Member, Fluid Power Society of India.
- Treasurer, Single Point Diamond Tool (SPDT) Society (being registered).
Chapter Name : Measurement Systems for characterization of Micro / Nano finished surfaces
Publisher Name : Taylor and Francis group
Chapter Name : Laser Micromachining of semiconductor materials, Application of Lasers in Manufacturing. S Singh, GL Samuel (2019).
Publisher Name : Springer Publications, pp 111-141.
Patent Name : Method and Setup for Wire Electric Discharge Double Helix Turning (Application No: 201841047112), (2019) , Dr. GL Samuel and Krupa Serah Jacob
Patent Name : Micro/nano-Textured drill bits with MQL system for low and high aspect ratio drilling of Super alloys for sustainability (Application No: 201641024215), (2017) , Dr. GL Samuel and S Niketh
- TOOL DESIGN, Third Edition by Cyril Donaldson, George H Le Cain and VC Goold, Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Company Ltd, New Delhi.
- MACHINE DRAWING, Second Edition, Ajeet Singh, Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Limited, New Delhi.
- International Journal of Precision Technology, Special issue on "Advances in Precision and Micro Manufacturing".
- Indian Journal of Engineering and Materials Science, Published by National Institute of Science communication and information resources(CSIR), New Delhi.
- Precision Engineering
- Computer Aided Design
- Assembly Automation
- Journal of Engineering Manufacture
- International Journal of Automation and Control
- International Journal of Microstructure and Materials Properties
- International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture
- International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology
VISITS / COLLABORATIONS
Visits Abroad for academic collaborations
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte, USA, June 2019, Research Discussions and planning for MoU.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, USA, May 2019, Research Discussions.
- University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, October - November 2018 Research exchange - Key Technology Partner with UTS Sydney, Australia.
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte, USA, 11 July 2008 – 21 July 2008 for Establishing Research Collaborations.
- Heriot Watt University, Edinburg, 10-12 September 2010.
- University de Milano, Milan, Italy under Erasmus Mundus European Union scholarship, and University de Torino, Torino, Italy, June-July 2013.
- Chalmers University of Technology, Goteburg, Sweden, June 2011.
- Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia, July 2015 – Joint PhD student currently working
- One week at GE Bangalore under Industry Connect Program by IC&SR, July 2015.
- Hyundai Motors, Chennai – M.Tech, Automotive Technology student project titled “Automation of car door assembly inspection & surface measurement using laser displacement sensor”, 2015.
- International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI) Hyderabad, Oct. 2016.
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore, June 2014 – Project on Machining of Synchrotron Mirrors.
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI) Bangalore – Project Proposal underway on “On-machine Metrology”.
- MTab Pvt. Ltd., Chennai – Project on Development of Ultra Precision Micro Machining Center.
- Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO) Chandigarh, Single Point Diamond Tool Society.