IIT Madras/ July 2012 - Present
IIT Madras / Jan 2005 - July 2012
TU Darmstadt, Germany / June 2005 - July 2006
GE India Technology Center, Bangalore / April 2004 - Dec 2004
Tata Motors, Lucknow/ 1996 - 1998
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
PhD and ME in Mechanical Engineering / 1998 - 2004
Regional Engineering College Durgapur
BE in Mechanical Engineering/ 1992 - 1996
1. Supriya Sarkar, P. V. Sivaprasad, Shamit Bakshi, 2016, Numerical modeling and prediction of particle size distribution during gas atomization of molten tin, Atomization and Sprays, 26 (1): 23-51, 2016.
2. S Somasundaram, TNC Anand, Shamit Bakshi, 2015, Evaporation-induced flow around a pendant droplet and its influence on evaporation, Physics of Fluids, 27 (11), 112105, 2015.
3. V Pradeep, Shamit Bakshi, A Ramesh, 2015, Direct injection of gaseous LPG in a two-stroke SI engine for improved performance, Applied Thermal Engineering, 89, 738-747, 2015.
4. Prasad Chandran, Shamit Bakshi, Dhiman Chatterjee, 2015, Study on the characteristics of hydrogen bubble formation and its transport during electrolysis of water, Chemical Engineering Science, 138, 99-109, 2015.
5. B M Devassy, Shamit Bakshi, A Ramesh, 2014, A new injector concept for multimode operation in gasoline direct injection engines, International Journal of Engine Research, 15 (5), 626-638, 2014.
6. V Pradeep, Shamit Bakshi, A Ramesh, 2014, Scavenging port based injection strategies for an LPG fuelled two-stroke spark-ignition engine, Applied Thermal Engineering, 67 (1), 80-88, 2014.
7. TG Vignesh, Shamit Bakshi, 2013, Noniterative interface reconstruction algorithms for volume of fluid method, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 73 (1), 1-18, 2013.
8. Deepak Kumar Mandal and Shamit Bakshi, 2012, Evidence of oscillatory convection inside an evaporating multicomponent droplet in a closed chamber, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 378 (1), 260-262, 2012.
9. Deepak Kumar Mandal and Shamit Bakshi, 2012, Internal circulation in a single droplet evaporating in a closed chamber, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, 42, 42-51, 2012.
10. S. Rajkumar, Pramod S. Mehta and Shamit Bakshi, 2012, Phenomenological modeling of combustion and emissions for multiple-injection common rail direct injection engines, International Journal of Engine Research, 13 (4), 307-322, 2012.