International Journal Publications
DIAGNOSTICS, PROGNOSTICS AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT
- Vignesh.V.Shanbhag, Bernard. F.Rolfe, N.Arunachalam, Michael. P.Pereira, Investigation of Stamping Tool Wear Initiation at Microscopic Level Using Acoustic Emission Sensors, Key Engineering Materials 794:285-294, 2019.
- Shanbhag, V.V., Rolfe, F.B., Griffin, J., N.Arunachalam, and Pereira, P.M., Investigating influence of galling on abrasive wear modes using acoustic emissions. Wear. (In-review, Paper ID: WEA_2019_219).
- Vignesh.V.Shanbhag, Bernard. F.Rolfe, N.Arunachalam, Michael. P.Pereirab, Investigating wear behaviour in sheet metal stamping using acoustic emissions, Wear, Vol. 414–415, 15, 2018, Pages 31-42 – (IF:2.960)
- N.Arunachalam; R. AnandKumar; B. Ramamoorthy, A preliminary investigation on the application of air-coupled ultrasound to evaluate surface condition of the grinding wheel, International Journal of Abrasive Technology, Vol.4, No.3, pp.266 – 278, 2011.
- N.Arunachalam, B.Ramamoorthy, “Fourier transform based texture measures for grinding wheel condition monitoring using Machine Vision” International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management , Vol. 21, Nos. 1/2, 2010,112-121.
- N.Arunachalam, B.Ramamoorthy, “Texture analysis for grinding wheel wear Assessment using Machine vision” , Proceedings of Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part: B Engineering Manufacture, Vol:221, No: 3 ,419-430, 2007.
INDUSTRY 4.0 IMPLEMENTATION, DIGITAL TWINS AND CYBER PHYSICAL SYSTEMS
- Kalpana Kannan and N.Arunachalam, A Digital Twin for Grinding Wheel: An Information Sharing Platform for Sustainable Grinding Process, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 141(2), 2019.
MACHINE VISION / METROLOGY IN PRODUCTION LINES
- Panat Sreedath, Sudhanav Bhat, N.Arunachalam, Evaluation and characterization of deterministic laser textured surfaces using machine vision, Measurement, Volume 135, March 2019, Pages 537-546.
HIGH PERFORMANCE MACHINING
- K.Ramasubramanian, N.Arunachalam, M.S. Ramachandra Rao, Wear Performance of Nano-Engineered Boron Doped Graded Layer CVD Diamond Coated Cutting Tool for Machining of Al-SiC MMC, Wear, 2018.
- J.Rajaguru, N.Arunachalam, Investigation on machining induced surface and subsurface modifications on the stress corrosion crack growth behaviour of super duplex stainless steel, Corrosion Science, Volume 141, 15, 2018, pp. 230-242, (IF:4.862).
- K Ramasubramanian, N.Arunachalam, MSR Rao, Investigation on tribological behaviour of boron doped diamond coated cemented tungsten carbide for cutting tool applications, Surface and Coatings Technology, 332, 332-340,2017 (IF-2.906).
- S. Gokul, J. Niranjan, H.A. Gopalakrishnan, B. Anand Ronald, S. Vijayan, N.Arunachalam, Influence Of Steel Shot Size On The Properties Of Magnetic MouldedAluminium Alloy, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Research, Vol. 4, No. 3/4, pp.173-180, 2012.
HIGH PERFORMANCE GRINDING
- Suya Prem Anand, P., N.Arunachalam, Vijayaraghavan, L., Evaluation of grinding strategy for bioceramic material through a single grit scratch test using force and acoustic emission signals, Journal of Manufacturing Processes 37:457-469, 2019.
- Suya Prem Anand, P., N.Arunachalam, Vijayaraghavan, L., Effect of grinding on subsurface modification of pre-sintered zirconia under different cooling and lubrication conditions, Journal of Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 2018, 36, 122-130- (IF:3.239).
- Suya Prem Anand, P., N.Arunachalam, Vijayaraghavan, L., Study on grinding of pre-sintered zirconia using diamond wheel, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 2018, 33 (6), 634 – 643,- (IF:2.669).
- P.Suya Prem Anand, N.Arunachalam and L .Vijayaraghavan, Performance of Diamond and SiC wheels on grinding of bio-ceramic material under MQL condition, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 2017, Vol.139,No.12,191-200 – (IF:2.578).
- Suya Prem Anand, P., N.Arunachalam, and Vijayaraghavan, L., Grinding behavior of yttrium partially stabilized zirconia using diamond grinding wheel, Advanced Materials Research, 2016, 1136, 15 - 20.
HIGH PERFORMANCE NANOLEVEL POLISHING PROCESS
- T.Aravind, N.Arunachalam, Xavier Kennedy, Physical insights about magnetic flux distribution and its effect on surface roughness in MR fluid based finishing process, Material Research Express (Accepted), 2019 (IF : 1.12)
- K.G.Anbarasu, L.Vijayaraghavan, N.Arunachalam, Effect of multi stage abrasive slurry jet polishing on surface generation in glass, Journal of Material processing Technology Volume 267, May 2019, Pages 384-392
- K.G.Anbarasu, L.Vijayaraghavan, N.Arunachalam, Experimental study on surface generation in optical glass with fluid jet polishing process, International Journal of Abrasive Technology, 2018 Vol.8, No.3, pp.245 – 260 ( IF : 0.5)