ACTIVITIES FOR THIS MONTH
TALKS AND DISCUSSIONS
RECYCLE-RE-USE IITM COMMUNITY
- Set up bill-boards containing information about the flora and fauna found in IIT
- Create a web site that will contain photographs and general information about the wild life on campus
- Rejuvenate the forest by the removal of non-biodegradable wastes and hazardous chemicals and restore the native flora and fauna in the place of introduced exotic species
- Bring out a periodical magazine that will highlight issues concerning wild life and environment both on campus and around the world.
- Sensitize freshmen/women every year about the rich natural heritage of the campus
- Encourage residents and school-students from Vana Vani and Kendriya Vidyalaya to join the conservation program.
- Compile a thorough database about the various trees, plants, animals, birds, insects, etc., found in the campus.
- Work with the concerned institute aurthorities to avoid and minimize felling of trees or clearing of scrub jungle areas that would have an adverse impact on various life forms dependent on them for food or shelter.
- Ensure removal of construction debris from the campus by inclusion and implementation of specific clauses in contracts (issued by respective institute authority) concerning such activity.
- Steps for removal of fences that hamper the movement of wildlife (black buck, deer etc.) on campus.
- Minimise impact of developmental activity on environment.
- Set up a network of students and campus residents, with representatives from each hostel and residential area to act as a wildilfe/environment alert team.
- Conduct presentations, seminars, workshops etc., with contributions both from members and invitees from outside.
- Conduct field trips, camps, treks, etc. on a regular basis.
- Establish contacts with other organizations and educational institutionswhere similar programs are being pursued.
Do's and Dont's